Discover 3 typical patient phenotypes: these hypertensive patients presenting with different symptoms (heart failure, atrial fibrillation and renal insufficiency) will be discussed throughout Course sessions. This week, Patient #3 with renal insufficiency is revealed!
Dear Member of the RHC community
I strongly recommend that you dedicate some time out of your busy schedules to carefully read and reflect on “Expert consensus document from the European Society of Cardiology on catheter-based renal denervation”. Eur Heart J (2013)
Maritim proArte Hotel
"Percutaneous renal denervation in a drug-naive patient with multiple intolerances to antihypertensive agents reduced office and ambulatory blood pressure" Discover this new case and say how you would treat.
The special focus of this year’s event will be the identification and prevention of Target Organ Damage. 3 typical patients will be discussed during Course sessions. These hypertensive patients are presenting with different symptoms: heart failure, atrial fibrillation and chronic kidney disease.
Discover more about Patient #1 on 17th January, Patient #2 on 24th January and Patient #3 on 31st January.
Submit until 7th February and take the chance to help build the next edition of the Course!
Atul Pathak1*, MD; Sebastian Ewen2, MD; Jean Fajadet3, MD; Benjamin Honton3, MD; Felix Mahfoud2, MD; Jean Marco4, MD; Markus Schlaich5, MD; Roland Schmieder6, MD; Konstantinos Tsioufis7, MD; Christian Ukena2, MD; Thomas Zeller8, MD
Andrzej Januszewicz (Poland) answers the following questions:
- Do you screen every hypertensive patient for obstructive sleep apnea and why or why not?
- What are possible treatment options for patients with obstructive sleep apnea?
Peter J. Blankestijn (Netherlands) answers the following questions:
- Can you please explain the different modalities in measuring blood pressure, and the differences between home-based, office-based and ambulatory blood pressures?
- What are your requirements for valid blood pressure measurement?
- How often should blood pressure be measured by the patient?
- What are your thoughts and recommendations with regards to automatic vs. manual blood pressure measurement?